- You – We like ourselves and we tend to focus on “me.”
- Results – Everyone wants results: job, exercise, school, to-do lists, etc.
- Health – People are regularly looking for a product or solution to improve health.
- Guarantee – This takes out the fear factor or unknown element.
- Discover – People are drawn to adventure, excitement, new things.
- Love – We all want love, and we search for it in a variety of ways.
- Proven – It gives reassurance. Most people don’t want to be the guinea pig.
- Safety – We want safety, period. We are a worrying people, so even a perceived safety is comfort.
- Save – Save is a classic. We want to save money, save time, save people…
- New – New is like “discover”, never seen or heard before, exciting!
Words are powerful and I am reminded by James 3:5 “Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark.“ and the importance of Thessalonians 5:10-11 “He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” And then Hebrews 3:13 says, “But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.“ We often forget the power of our words. What word above resonates with you?